Mike Allen at Axios:
America Rising Corp., the GOP oppo factory that works with the Republican National Committee and President Trump's super PAC, has already deployed cameras in early states to track Democratic candidates' appearances.
Another dynamic inflicting pain on the infant campaigns is the aggressive, competitive news environment.
- Now on American Rising's homepage ... "AUDIO: Kirsten Gillibrand: Eliminating Private Insurance Is An Urgent Goal" ... "VIDEO: Warren Won’t Admit That She Would Eliminate Private Insurance" .... "Booker Dodges" in radio interview.
- "These are the most unknown 'known' candidates," said Joe Pounder, CEO of America Rising Corp. "They're all fair game — no one gets a free pass."
- An operative for one 2020 contender told me: "Out of the gate, the media has made these candidates eat their records in a way that has been different."
- The Washington Post reported that "an open records request during a general inquiry" had surfaced the Texas document on which Sen. Elizabeth Warren wrote her race as "American Indian."
- And lots of digging went into back-to-back stories this week documenting longtime Senate talk of tyrannical treatment of her staff by Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who announces her 2020 plans at a rally today.