Here are six reasons why it won't have one.
- Even the best of presidents in the best of times can seldom move public opinion with the "bully pulpit."
- It's not the best of times for President Obama: more people disapprove than approve of his performance.
- Many Americans think that "you can keep it" was a deliberate lie. People don't believe perceived liars.
- President Obama is in his second term, and second terms usually suck.
- Much of this year's agenda consists of stuff he could not do last year. Leftovers get rancid.
- Last year's speech got low ratings. And as with last year, there is plenty of other stuff on TV.