The New York Times has published excerpts of its interview with the president on nuclear weapons. The president was understandably cautious:
- "Rather than speculate, let’s say what we know."
- "I’m not going to parse that right now."
- "I’m not going to speculate on Israeli decision-making."
- "I’m not going to parse these, parse words here."
- "I’m not going to — - I’m not going to talk about the details of Pakistan’s nuclear ——"
- "I’ll leave it up to my team to brief you in terms of some of those commitments, some of which may not be announced until next week when the summit actually takes place."