- House Republicans are trying to cut spending, which alienates many contributors;
- Hill Democrats in general, and Pelosi in particular, are good at raising money;
- Members of the GOP class of 2010 are not donating their own funds;
- Super PACs are vacuuming up a lot of Republican money;
- Democrats control the White House and the Senate, enabling them to raise lots of access money.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Why Hill Dems are Ahead in Fundraising
At Politico, Alex Isenstadt and David Catanese identify several reasons why DCCC and DSCC are ahead of the GOP counterparts in fundraising: